Chunlei Tang, Associate Professor
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Lihu Avenue 1800, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Education and Research experience
• Jun 2012- Now Associate Professor Jiangnan University
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
• Sep 2009 –Jun 2012 Ph.D China Pharmaceutical University
Centre of Drug Discovery State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines
• Sep 2006 –Jun 2009 M.S. Nanjing Tech University
College of Pharmacy
• Sep 2002 –Jun 2006 B.S. Hunan University, China
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Research Experience and Skills
• Medicinal chemistry
Medicinal chemistry is a discipline at the intersection of chemistry and pharmacology involved with designing, synthesizing and developing pharmaceutical drugs. Medicinal chemistry involves the identification, synthesis and development of new chemical entities suitable for therapeutic use. It also includes the study of existing drugs, their biological properties, and their quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR).
Computer aided drug design, Design of small molecule drugs, Organic synthesis, Optimization of pharmaceutical synthesis process, Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, Liquid chromatography, Cell and animal experiments.
1. Hu X, Zhao H, Wang Y, Liu Z, Feng B, Tang C*. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel 5,6-dihydropyrimido[4,5-f]quinazoline derivatives as potent CDK2 inhibitors [J]. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2018, in press.
2. Zhou Y, Zhu X, Zhang L, Tang C*, Feng B*. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of 2-(4-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl)pyridine derivatives as GPR119 agonists [J]. Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2018, in press.
3. Yang J, Gu E, Yan T, Shen D, Feng B, Tang C*. Design, synthesis and evaluation of a series of novel phenylpropanoic acid derivatives agonists for the FFA1[J]. Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2018, in press.
4. Zhao H, Hu X, Cao K, Zhang Y, Zhao K, Tang C*, Feng B*. Synthesis and SAR of 4,5-dihydro-1H-pyrazolo[4,3-h]quinazoline derivatives as potent and selective CDK4/6 inhibitors
5. Chen Z, Tang C, Zhu Y, et al. TrpC5 regulates differentiation through the Ca2+/Wnt5a signalling pathway in colorectal cancer[J]. Clinical Science, 2017, 131(3): 227-237.
6. Wang G, Tang C, Yan G, Feng B. Gene expression profiling of H9c2 cells subjected to H2O2-induced apoptosis with/without AF-HF001.[J]. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2016, 39(2):207-214.
7. Tang C, Xie D, Feng B. Zebrafish as a New Model for Phenotype‐based Screening of Positive Inotropic Agents[J]. Chemical biology & drug design, 2015, 85(3): 253-258.
8. Tang C, Gu G, Yang B, et al. Synthesis and In Vivo Hepatoprotective Activity of Some Novel Andrographolide Derivatives[J]. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2014, 11(5): 677-685.
9. Tang C, Gu G, Wang B, et al. Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of Andrographolide Derivatives as Potent Hepatoprotective Agents[J]. Chemical biology & drug design, 2014, 83(3): 324-333.
10. Tang C, Chen S, Qian H, et al. Interleukin‐23: as a drug target for autoimmune inflammatory diseases[J]. Immunology, 2012, 135(2): 112-124.
11. Tang C, Zhu X, Huang D, et al. A specific pharmacophore model of sodium-dependent glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors[J]. Journal of molecular modeling, 2012, 18(6): 2795-2804.
12. Tang C, Liu Y, Wang B, et al. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Andrographolide Derivatives as Potent Anti‐HIV Agents[J]. Archiv der Pharmazie, 2012, 345(8): 647-656.
13. Tang C, Zhang W, Wang X, et al. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Andrographolide Derivatives as Potent Antibacterial Agents[J]. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2011, 8(9): 816-821.
14. Wang B, Tang C (co-first author), Han Y, et al. Synthesis and preliminary antihyperlipidaemic activities evaluation of andrographolide derivatives[J]. Medicinal Chemistry, 2012, 8(2): 293-298.
15. Zhu X, Huang D, Lan X,Tang C, et al. The first pharmacophore model for potent G protein-coupled receptor 119 agonist[J]. European journal of medicinal chemistry, 2011, 46(7): 2901-2907.
16. Zhu X, Ji J, Huang D, Zhu Y, Tang C,et al. Discovery, Synthesis and Evaluation of Novel Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors[J]. Chemical biology & drug design, 2012, 80(3): 426-433.
17. Huang D, Zhu X, Tang C, et al. 3D QSAR Pharmacophore Modeling for c-Met Kinase Inhibitors[J]. Medicinal Chemistry, 2012, 8(6): 1117-1125.
18. Lan X, Lin H, Tang C, et al. Evaluation of In-Vitro Multidrug Resistance Reversal Activities of HZ08 analogues with Improved Soluble Property[J]. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2013, 10(1): 56-60.
19. Gu G, Lin H, Liu Y, Tang C, et al. Synthesis and Anti-HIV-Evaluation of Novel Andrographolide Derivatives[J]. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2013, 10(2): 155-163.
1. CPA-EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry, 2017.
2. 2015 Chinese Medicinal Chemistry Symposium(CMCS2015) 5th CPA-RSC Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry, 2015.
3. 2013 Chinese Medicinal Chemistry Symposium(CMCS2013) 4th CPA-RSC Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry, 2013.