To explore scientific intention of the techniques used for the production of traditional Chinese foods, the art of fermentation, we focus on analyzing the diversity and dynamics of food microbiota, elucidating the relationship between microbiota formation and flavor dynamics, optimizing the microbiota function, with the principle and techniques of molecular ecology
Cooperated with Jiangsu Hengshun Vinegar Corp., we have established a novel microbiota function-modulated fermentation techniques of Zhenjiang aromatic vinegar, which can shorten the fermentation period (>25%), increase the vinegar production (>10%) and flavor quality.
1. A program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (31271922), 2013-2016
2. National High Technology Research and Development Program (2013AA102106), 2013-2015
3. National High Technology Research and Development Program (2012AA021301), 2012-2015
4. A program from National Engineering Research Center of Solid-state Fermentation (GCKF201109), 2012-2013
5. A program from National Engineering Research Center of Solid-state Fermentation , (2011B2211), 2011-2014
1. Lu ZM, Liu N, Wang LJ, et al. Elucidating and regulating the acetoin production role of microbial functional groups in multispecies acetic acid fermentation. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2016, 82: 5960-5868.
2. Wu LH, Lu ZM, Zhang XJ, et al. Metagenomics reveals flavour metabolic network of cereal vinegar microbiota. Food Microbiology, 2017, 62: 23-31.
3. Wang ZM, Lu ZM, Shi JS, Xu ZH. Exploring flavour-producing core microbiota in multispecies solid-state fermentation of traditional Chinese vinegar. Scientific Reports, 2016, 6: 26818.
4. Wang ZM, Lu ZM, Yu YJ, et al. Batch-to-batch uniformity of bacterial community succession and flavor formation in the fermentation of Zhenjiang aromatic vinegar. Food Microbiology, 2015, 50: 64-69.
5. Yong-Jian Yu, Zheng-Ming Lu, Ning-Hua Yu, Wei Xu, Guo-Quan Li, Jin-Song Shi, Zheng-Hong Xu. HS-SPME/GC-MS and chemometrics for volatile composition of Chinese traditional aromatic vinegar in the Zhenjiang region. Journal of the Institute of Brewing, 2012, 118: 133-141.
6. Wei Xu, Zhi-Yong Huang, Xiao-Jun Zhang, Qi Li, Zhen-Ming Lu, Jin-Song Shi, Zheng-Hong Xu, Yan-He Ma. Monitoring the microbial community during solid-state acetic acid fermentation of Zhenjiang aromatic vinegar. Food Microbiology, 2011, 28: 1175-1181.
7. Wei Xu, Qing-Ping Xu, Jing-Hua Chen, Zhen-Ming Lu, Rong Xia, GuoQuan Li, Zheng-Hong Xu, Yan-He Ma. Ligustrazine formation in Zhenjiang aromatic vinegar: Changes during fermentation and storing process. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2011, 91:1612-1617.
8. Zhen-Ming Lu, Wei Xu, Ning-Hua Yu, Tu Zhou, Guo-Quan Li, Jin-Song Shi, Zheng-Hong Xu. Recovery of aroma compounds from Zhenjiang aromatic vinegar by supercritical fluid extraction. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2011, 46: 1508-1514.
Jiangsu Hengshun Vinegar Co., Ltd.
Luzhou Laojiao Corp., Ltd.
Shandong Zhengxin Agricultural Ecological Park Co. Ltd.
Anhui Hengyu Brewing Co., Ltd.
Hubei Linxiang Food Co., Ltd.